Prescribing Exercise for Pain & Health Conditions
21 including + 2 Ethics
*Previously named “Exercise for Pain Rehabilitation”
Research tells us that exercise increases resilience and decreases pain. It empowers patients and helps them help themselves. It is good for preventing persistent pain and treating it.
How to apply exercise principles to each individual person is the key…
We do practical sessions on assessment tools and specific treatments, including motor imagery. We look at how the immune system and autonomic nervous system respond to exercise. We explore some common conditions in depth including OA, fibromyalgia, long COVID and back pain.
We want you to come away from the course feeling confident to use exercise as one of your main treatments. We use research, experience and brainstorming to get you there.
By the end of this module participants will:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the physiology of exercise and how it relates to pain mechanisms
- Demonstrate understanding of the negative impacts of physical inactivity
- Demonstrate knowledge of the neuroimmune mechanisms in exercise and pain
- Assess tolerance for physical activity using functional evidence-based techniques
- Able to develop a collaborative patient-centred treatment plan with physical activity and/or exercise at its centre.
- Able to prescribe physical activity and exercise as treatment
Professional, funny, entertaining, inspiring, WISE...
Thank you all for a wonderful and immersive experience. Definitely one of the most rewarding workshops I’ve ever attended...
“I thought I was working in a biopsychosocial manner, but the Clinical Communication Skills course just blew my mind... Outstanding!”
Phenomenally presented and put together.
Principles of Pain is an amazing course that really enhances your learning and understanding of pain.
An eye opening experience... Wish I had come across the Principles of Pain course earlier! Extremely well prepared and presented.