2 Day workshop on applying exercise physiology to common clinical conditions.
CPD: 17 including 2 Ethics
Facilitators: Jacqui Koep MSc Pain (Edinburgh University)
Scott Rickard MSc Physiotherapy (Hertfordshire University); BSc (Med)(Hons) Exercise Science (UCT)
By the end of this module the participant will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the physiology of exercise and how it relates to pain mechanisms
- Demonstrate understanding of the negative impacts of physical inactivity
- Demonstrate knowledge of the neuroimmune mechanisms in exercise and pain
- Assess tolerance for physical activity using functional evidence-based techniques
- Able to develop a collaborative patient-centred treatment plan with physical activity and/or exercise at its centre.
- Able to prescribe physical activity and exercise as treatment