Her community service is with Masikhule (www.masikhule.org) an N.G.O. facilitating early child development training programmes for preschool teachers where she provides the Physifun (www.physifun.co.za) child exercise intervention. Her qualifications include B.Sc (physio) UCT; Advanced diploma (Physio Orthopaedics) WITS; Masters degree (Sport’s Physio) UCT; Certificate in Pain Management (Train Pain Academy) and completing a fellowship post at the Groote Schuur Interdisciplinary Pain Clinic in 2018.
As a cyclist in the Pain Revolution 2018 Team with Lorimer Moseley and David Butler, she gained invaluable experience in current pain education programmes in Australia and is eager to adapt these to our South African context.
JANET HELEN LOUDON KEET
1. B.Sc. (Physio) UCT -1992
2. Adv. Diploma (Physio), WITS University -1994
3. M. Phil (Sports Physio), UCT - 2003
4. Certificate in Pain Management - 2017
The effect of medial patellar taping on pain, strength and neuromuscular recruitment in subjects with and without patellofemoral pain. Physiotherapy 93 (2007) 45-52
PRESENTATIONS TO LEARNED SOCIETIES:
- The International Federation of Orthopaedic Manipulative Therapists (IFOMPT) CONFERENCE (CTICC) 2004: “Taping and Patellofemoral Pain” (personal, original research)
- IFOMPT CONFERENCE (CTICC) 2004: “The latest research on patellofemoral pain
- South African Sports Medicine Association (SASMA): 2006: “Principles of Hip and Groin Rehabilitation”
- Chronic Pain lectures to Health Care Professionals regarding Pain Revolution 2018, Australia.
- Post Fellowship Physiotherapist in Chronic Pain Interdisciplinary Clinic, Groote Schuur Hospital.
- 2018 Pain Revolution Team, Australia. (L. Moseley and D. Butler)
- Lecturer of Physifun (www.physifun.org) for Masikhule (www.masikhule.org) ECD (early childhood development) training programmes
- Author and presenter of “Teen PEEP” (pain education empowerment programme) for teenagers, with life threatening illnesses at “Paedspal”, Cape Town, where the current intervention is being trialled.
- Lecturer in the Group Interventions module for Train Pain Academy
- Interdisciplinary Chronic Pain Management Programmes for Adults and Teenagers
- Teaching / Lecturing regarding Chronic Pain Management tools.
- Outdoor adventure, Exercise, Triathlon, Mountain biking and Dance