2 Day workshop on applying exercise physiology to common clinical conditions.
CPD: 17 including 2 Ethics
Jacqui Koep MSc Pain (Edinburgh University)
Scott Rickard MSc Physiotherapy (Hertfordshire University); BSc (Med)(Hons)Exercise Science (UCT)
This course will:
- Explore the interface between exercise physiology and pain mechanisms in common conditions such as Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Low back pain and others.
- Examine the theory of how exercise influences self-regulatory mechanisms disrupted by pain
- Give a brief overview of the psycho neuro immune links and where exercise can be used
- Outline the evidence for specific types of exercise and the application to specific conditions
- Demonstrate practical exercise tools for assessment and treatment